January .. April 2008
- All Orange cryostats are now equiped with an automatic liquid nitrogen fill
- A new rotatable sample stick for MA15 solves the problem of bad thermal contact
at minimum temperature details in German
- The heater stage of the APD was replaced. It can now be reliably controlled over the
full temperature range (20 K ... 450 K). details in German
July ... August 2007
- An automatic liquid nitrogen fill mechanism for Orange cryostats has been developed
- To prevent leaks on the o-rings of the needle valve feed throughs on MA15, heaters
with thermostats have been installed.
January ... April 2007
- The needle valves of MA09, MA11, MA02 and VARIOX haven been motorized.
- A cold leak on ORI3 was repaired.
- MA09 and ORI2 have still some very small leak into the main vacuum.
They have to be pumped continuosly.
- The temperature reading on DIL1 has been changed from the AVS
to a more modern, better resistance bridge (LakeShore 370)
- DIL2 can now be used with the so called weak link. This is a
sample holder with a weak thermal link to the mixing chamber, allowing
access to temperature range from 0.06 K up to 2 K with the same setup.
- For every neutron scattering instrument, a set of
standard sample environment equipment has been defined.
Proposers have to select from this list, or to check the feasibilty with
a SINQ contact person, if they want to use non-standard equipment.
Dec 2005 ... Aug 2006
- SEA (Sample Environment Application), the new software for sample environment
control will be installed on all instruments.
- The orange cryostats needle valves have been modified to be driven
by a DC-Motor instead of air pressure. A new
needle valve controller has been developed, allowing to change the cooling
- The new dilution fridge DIL2 was tested in the MA15 cryomagnet.
It can also be used in MA11, MA09 and MA02.
- The dilution fridge DIL1 runs now also in MA02, the
1.8 Tesla horizontal field cryomagnet.
- The He-Gas network in the SINQ halls has been reactivated.
No more Helium gas bottles are needed.
- There is now a semi-automatic filling station for Liquid Nitrogen.
- The AMOR furnace has now computer control.
This page last changed on 10-May-2013 09:40:55 CEST by MarkusZolliker.