Neutron pressure devices are available in cooperation with the responsible members of LNS.
Before writing a proposal involving pressure, please check the feasibility with both the instrument scientist, and the relevant pressure cell responsible:
- J. White: clamp cells - single crystal inelastic and elastic ns, Paris-Edinburgh Press - powder elastic ns, single crystal elastic ns in favourable cases.
- D. Sheptiakov: clamp cells - powder elastic ns.
Below is a link to a file that provides an overview of the routinely available pressure options at SINQ.
Summary of Pressure Cell Options at SINQ (updated Oct' 2016)
Crucial information concerning each routinely available pressure device is summarised in the table below.
|Name||Contact||Description||Range||Used in||Suitable Beamlines||Dim|
|P10||JW||clamp cell for single crystal inelastic or elastic ns||10-12 kbar at RT, 8-10 kbar at 1.5K||ILL2, ILL5||FOCUS, TASP, RITA-II, EIGER, ZEBRA||d=7, c=25|
|P17||JW||clamp cell for single crystal inelastic or elastic ns||15-17 kbar at RT, 13-15 kbar at 1.5K||ILL5||FOCUS, TASP, RITA-II, EIGER, ZEBRA||d=7, c=25|
|P15||DS||clamp cell for powder elastic ns||13-15 kbar at RT, 12-14 kbar at 1.5K||ORI4,ILL5||HRPT, DMC||d=8, c=25|
|P10_NMS||JW||non-magnetic clamp cell for single crystal inelastic or elastic ns||8-10 kbar at RT, 7-8 kbar at 1.5K||ILL2, ILL5, MA09, MA07||FOCUS, TASP, RITA-II, EIGER, ZEBRA, SANS-I, SANS-II||d=8, c=20|
|P10_NMP||DS||non-magnetic clamp cell for powder elastic ns||8-10 kbar at RT, 7-8 kbar at 1.5K||ORI4, MA09, MA07||HRPT, DMC||d=6, c=25|
|PE||JW||Paris-Edinburgh press (opposed anvils)||100 kbar at RT, 50kbar at 20K||The press has a RT mode, or a dedicated CCR for low T mode||HRPT, DMC for powders, RITA-II for single crystal||d=5, c=1.5|
d: sample space diameter
c: useable sample height
Recent SINQ publications using high pressure (these can give you an idea of what can be achieved at SINQ):
- Dimensional reduction by pressure in the magnetic framework material CuF2(D2O)2(pyz): From spin-wave to spinon excitations, Phys. Rev. B 96,020414(R) (2017)
- Stress-induced magnetic domain selection reveals a conical groundstate for the multiferroic phase of Mn2GeO4, Phys. Rev. B 94,024439 (2016)
- Pressure-induced spin reorientation and spin state transition in SrCoO3, Phys. Rev. B 92,195147 (2015)
- Pressure dependence of the magnetic order in CrAs: a neutron diffraction investigation, Phys. Rev. B 91,020409(R) (2015)
- High pressure induced spin state crossover in Sr2CaYCo4O10.5, J. Phys.: Condens. Matter 27, 046005 (2015)
- Equation-of-state of lead from high-pressure neutron diffraction up to 8.9 GPa and its implication for the NaCl pressure scale, Phys. Rev. B 90, 014101 (2014)
- Pressure effect on magnetism and multiferroicity in Mn2GeO4, Phys. Rev. B 89, 104405 (2014)
- Magnetic ordering in Fe1.087Te under pressure, European Physical Journal B 86, 18 (2013)
- Coexistence of superconductivity and magnetism in FeSe1−x under pressure, Phys. Rev. B 85, 064517 (2012)
- Elastic properties of alpha-iron at high temperatures by high-pressure neutron scattering, Journal of Physics D - Applied Physics 44, 055406 (2011)
- Competition between ferromagnetic and antiferromagnetic ground states in multiferroic BiMnO3 at high pressures, Phys. Rev. B 82, 014401 (2010)
- Pressure effects on the magnetic structure in La0.5Ca0.5-xSrxMnO3 (0.1 < x < 0.4) manganites, Phys. Rev. B 81, 104424 (2010)
- Study of diffuse scattering under hydrostatic pressure in PbMg1/3Nb2/3O3, J. Phys. Conf. Series 251, 012011 (2010)
- Temperature dependence of the pressure-induced amorphization of ice I-h studied by high-pressure neutron diffraction to 30 K, Phys. Rev. B 82, 094103 (2010)
- Atomic displacements in PbMg1/3Nb2/3O3 under high pressures, J. Phys.: Condens. Matter 20, 104235 (2008)
- The alpha-gamma-epsilon triple point of iron investigated by high pressure-high temperature neutron scattering, App. Phys. Lett. 93, 091904 (2008)
- High-pressure behavior of CsC8 graphite intercalation compound: Lattice structures and phase-transition mechanism, Phys. Rev. B 77, 125433 (2008)
12kbar Cell PSI.png
This page last changed on 07-Aug-2017 16:56:54 CEST by JonWhite.