AMOR Data Storage
Data files at AMOR are stored in NeXus format, based on HDF-5. This is
a portable binary format. For more information see the NeXus WWW-pages. Data storage
happens normally without user intervention during scans or after a
count command has finished. A couple of things are noteworthy,
- Data Storage in TOF-mode may take several minutes due to the
amount of data to transfer. In this time the SICS server will be quite
- Data file writing can be interrupted. This is a unique feature at
AMOR. As a consequence, a data file is NOT automaticaly created when
a measurement has been interrupted.
- Data file writing can be forced by typing: storeamor.
- Data files can be found in directories: /home/AMOR/data/YYYY on
the instrument computer or (after a litlle delay) at
/data/lnslib/data/AMOR/YYYY . The YYYY is a placeholder for the year
of data collection.
- The last data file written can be overwritten with command:
killfile. Managers privilege is required for this command.
In order to have complete information in the data files a couple of
SICS variables have to be set manually. A SICS variable's value can be
interrogated by typing the name of the variable, and set by typing the
name of the variable followed by the new value. The following
variables are relevant:
- User name
- User e-mail address.
- User fax number
- User phone number
- User address.
- Sample name.
- Measurement title