DMC and HRPT specific commands and devices
DMC and HRPT specific commands
- Does what it says. Writes the current state of the instrument
including counts to a NeXus data file.
- count mode preset
- Does a count operation in mode with a preset of preset.
The parameters are optional. If they are not
given the count will be started with the current setting in the histogram
memory object. After the count, StoreData will be automatically called.
- Repeat num mode preset.
- Calls count num times. num is a required parameter. The other two are
optional and are handled as described above for count.
- scan motor start step n mode preset
- This command allows for scanning a motor against monitors 0 and 1. This
command may only be used by managers. Its only purpose is to facilitate
the adjustment of the instrument. In order to obtain a copy of the scan
results, a user must take great care to enable command logging. The
parameters are: a motor to be scanned, a start value for the scan, a
step width for the scan, the number of scan points, optionally a count
mode and a preset value for counting. Both these parameters have meanings
as described above for the count command.
DMC motor list
- OmegaM, A1
- Omega monochromator.
- TwoThetaM, A2
- Two Theta monochromator
- X-translation table of the monochromator.
- Y-translation table for the monochromator.
- Monochromator curvature.
- Phi angle of the monochromator.
- Chi angle for the monochromator.
- Table, A3
- Sample rotation.
- TwoThetaD, A4
- Two Theta detector.
Other DMC and HRPT devices
- Histogram memory.
- EL737 counter box.
DMC and HRPT Variables
- Instrument name.
- Experiment title.
- comment1, comment2, comment3
- comment lines to be stored with the data.
- Text line describing collimators in use.
- User name.
- User adress
- User phone number.
- User fax number
- User email adress.
- Sample name
- Absorption coefficient of sample.